Workshop Terms and Conditions
First Man Photography Terms and Conditions
Photography Workshop Terms and Conditions
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT DOCUMENT: YOU MUST READ IT BEFORE BOOKING A WORKSHOP
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. I am 18+ years old and wish to participate in a Workshop organised by First Man Photography (“FMP”).
2. I certify that I am in good physical health and to the best of my knowledge I do not have any medical condition that might make me more likely to suffer an injury or health-related issue during the Workshop.
3. I acknowledge that the Workshop may be physically demanding and potentially dangerous. I have read and understood the risks to person and property described under Workshop Risks, I am comfortable with these risks and I agree that I am responsible for the safety of myself and my property during the Workshop.
4. I agree to abide by the Safety and Conduct Rules and to follow the Workshop Leader’s instructions at all times during the Workshop.
5. I acknowledge that the Workshop will proceed in all weather conditions and that the Workshop Leader may adjust the itinerary in case of extreme weather.
6. I acknowledge and agree that the Workshop Leader’s determinations regarding all matters related to the Workshop (including, without limitation, the decision to terminate the Workshop or to dismiss me from the Workshop) are made in good faith to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all participants and are final.
7. I agree that FMP and its officers, employees and representatives will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss, damage or injury to me or my property arising from or in connection with the Workshop (except death or personal injury caused by the negligence of FMP) and to the fullest extent permitted by law I waive all and any claims against FMP and its officers, employees and representatives.
8. I acknowledge and agree to FMP’s Cancellation Policy.
10. I acknowledge and agree that these Terms & Conditions (together with the documents and policies expressly referred to herein) contain and constitute the entire agreement between myself and FMP and supersede any prior written or verbal agreement or understanding.
11. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and I and FMP submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Please click here to view the workshops risks.
SAFETY AND CONDUCT RULES
Participants are to stay in view and earshot of Workshop Leader at all times whilst on location. Choosing to leave, separate from, ignore or refuse to comply with safety instructions from the Workshop Leader may result in your termination from the Workshop without refund.
In the interests of safety, participants must not:
- Enter any body of water to the point where the water comes above knee height
- Climb or scramble up surfaces above waist height
- Drink from naturally occurring water sources
- Jump from a height above knee level
- Trespass on private property or private land
- Bring any animals (including dogs)
- Walk on or enter any unsafe structures
- Enter any cave or mine shaft without permission of the Workshop Leader.
- Light fires intentionally or recklessly
- Damage trees
- Fly drones without the permission of the Workshop Leader.
- Litter (including cigarette ends)
- Lean out of any vehicle including cars, vans, trains, boats, aeroplanes. Instructions from the vehicle operator must be followed
- Get closer than 2 meters to a cliff edge or other precipice without a safety barrier
Participants are to be respectful to other Participants and the Workshop Leader at all times during the Workshop. Threatening, insulting or abusive behaviour, or any form of criminal conduct, will not be tolerated and will result in you being asked to leave the Workshop.
Animals are an integral part of the countryside, both domesticated farm animals and wild animals. Animals are to be treated with respect at all times during the Workshop. In certain conservation areas (e.g. nature reserves) rules are in place to protect the animals. Any such rules must be strictly observed by Participants at all times.
Animals can also present a danger to people (e.g. bulls, cows). The Workshop Leader’s instructions must be followed when passing through areas and fields containing any animals.
Participants must observe the countryside code.
Participants are expected to act responsibly and must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs during the Workshop.
The Workshop Leader’s decision to ask a Participant to leave the Workshop is final.
Regretfully, under no circumstances can First Man Photography (“FMP”) cancel, refund or reschedule a Workshop once a date has been booked, so please ensure you, or the person(s) you are buying the Workshop for are able to attend the date chosen before you make the order.
In rare circumstances, FMP may need to cancel a Workshop at short notice for reasons beyond our control, such as illness or mechanical breakdowns. In such circumstances FMP will offer you a full refund or the opportunity to reschedule the Workshop. We regret that in the event of cancellation, FMP is unable to reimburse travel, accommodation or any other expenses you may incur in relation to the cancelled Workshop.
Where you make a booking with First Man Photography (“FMP”) we require certain personal information to allow us to process your booking. This typically includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card or debt card number and card expiry date or information relating to your company or organisation in the case of a group booking.
We may have to pass on certain details to a company or organisation (our insurers, for example) in order that your booking can be processed. We may contact you (either directly or through our authorised direct marketing agents) from time to time with details of our products, services or special offers or other information we think you may find interesting and may pass your data to selected third parties for their marketing purposes. If you do not wish your personal information to be used for marketing purposes please tick the box on the Booking Form you will be required to sign before participating in a Workshop or purchasing an item.
We may be required to provide information by law as permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 or by a legal authority recognised by the European Union.
If you have not previously objected to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable, which will not exceed £10 per data subject. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, or you believe such information to be incorrect, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information which is found to be incorrect.
FMP complies with the eight principles of the Data Protection Act 1998, which require that personal data is:
- Fairly and lawfully processed
- Processed for limited purposes
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Not kept longer than necessary
- Processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights
- Not transferred outside the EU without adequate protection